List of active policies
Fundació Eurecat, with Fiscal Identification Code (CIF) G66210345 and registered address of Av. Universitat Autònoma 23, 08290, Cerdanyola del Vallès (Barcelona), phone number +34 93 238 14 00 and email contact address of email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org, recorded in the Registre de Fundacions de la Generalitat de Catalunya as number 2826 (hereinafter “Eurecat”).
Eurecat, is the coordinating entity from Sharework Project that manages content from the platform Moodle licensed, which offers e-learning, sources, and links for specific trainings, as well as virtual spaces, so that the student may follow his or her academic progress, like calendars, forums, messaging services, etc. (hereinafter the “Platform”).
3. USER RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
3.1 Rights of the User
3.2 User Obligations
The User, by accessing and using the Platform and the Object, agrees to fulfill the following obligations:
- He or she will abstain from performing any actions that imply a modification to or alteration of the Object and Platform, as would be considered the manipulation of the content or source code.
- He or she will abstain from claiming ownership of the Object or Platform, and consequently, fully recognizes the content and Platform to be the property of Eurecat alone.
- He or she will help maintain the Object and the Platform in good working order, using it with due diligence in order to prevent defects or alterations thereof, and will not make it difficult or impossible for the rest of the Users and/or Eurecat to use it.
- He or she will assume full responsibility for any damages, failures or defects that he or she may cause to the Object or the Platform, granting Eurecat full indemnity and answering personally for any reparations to third parties.
- He or she will abstain from providing any third party with, renting to, or economically benefitting in any way from the Platform or the Object.
- He or she will refrain from posting comments on the provided forum that could be considered offensive, untrue, defamatory, disrespectful, illegal or threatening, as well as those that infringe on the intellectual or industrial property rights of third parties, as well as those that could be considered invasive to the privacy of or detrimental to third parties or Eurecat in any other way.
4. USER PROFILE
The User, to be able to access the Platform, shall fulfill the register form, providing the information required herein. The user will receive an email on behalf of Eurecat, in which he or she will be verify the account at the link provided to finalize the Platform register process. The User will be able to modify the password generated by Eurecat in the “Profile” section of the Platform.
Additionally, the User, in the Profile section, will be able to fill in his or her basic information and generate a profile, the details of which Eurecat and other Platform Users will be able to view. Some of the information that can be filled out is: full name, profile picture, the courses he or she is enrolled in, contact email, city and country, and he or she can create a description.
Similarly, in the Profile section, the User will be able to view his or her Platform access details, like: first login, last login, and his or her IP address. Furthermore, here the User will be able to configure his or her preferences with respect to the several functionalities that the Platform offers, like language, forum and calendar options, as well as message, notification, and course options, etc.
Eurecat is not the owner of the Platform and is therefore exonerated from any responsibilities derived from the use of it by the Users as well as any adaptation of the Platform to any applicable legislation.
Eurecat is exempt from any responsibilities that may arise due to the use of the Object and the Platform, like accessibility issues, errors, and availability to the User, and consequently, will not have to respond to any damages incurred by the User or any third party that may result.
Therefore, the User promises to respond to any damages to the Platform that may happen due to its use, including any repercussions to other users or third parties.
6. INTELLECTUAL AND INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY
All the contents of the Object and Platform (images, texts, articles, graphics, videos, logotypes, etc.) are subject to the intellectual and/or industrial property rights of Eurecat or their third-party creators to which they correspond. The User recognizes that the Object does not imply the acquisition of any intellectual or industrial property rights derived from the use of the contents and agrees to respect the property rights of the owners thereof.
As such, the User commits to respect the rights of the intellectual and/or industrial property derived from the contributions of all other Platform users as well, and consents to give Eurecat the full, non-exclusive, free, and irrevocable license to use, reproduce, publish, and modify his or her own contributions in any way and in any territory. In turn, Eurecat agrees to mention and recognize the authorship of the User when doing so.
7. DATA PROTECTION
8. APPLICABLE LAW AND DISPUTES
Address: Parc Tecnològic del Vallès, Avinguda Universitat Autònoma 23, 08290 Cerdanyola del Vallès (Barcelona)
Phone: +34 93 238 14 00
Contact for the Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
The Moodle learning platform is licensed platform and, consequently, the processing of data that it may perform is outside of Fundació Eurecat’s reach, who is only the entity in charge of processing the data it uses to generate and maintain user access to the Platform.
For what purpose and on what basis of legitimacy will we process personal data? What categories of data will we process?
The categories of personal data to be processed are: identifying data, which are provided to the Entity in Charge; academic data; data that the Users themselves specify in their use and enjoyment of the Object. These data are processed by the Entity in Charge for the following purposes:
- To manage the sign-up of and the username and password of the User so that he or she may access the Platform and all its presentations and content. The basis of legitimacy for this the execution of the contract (Article 6.1 GDPR).
- To send information related to the services contracted of the Platform and Object, and to process data to maintain the User’s use and enjoyment of the Platform and Object. The basis of legitimacy for this is legitimate interest (Article 21 of the Spanish LSSICE).
The Entity in Charge will not be able to obtain data related to the browsing habits of the user by means of installing cookies, given that the Platform only utilizes those cookies that are necessary for the Platform to work for him or her. The User is hereby informed that these necessary cookies are exempt from his or her consent, given that they do not have any other purpose.
For how long will we conserve personal data?
Personal data will be conserved for as long as necessary to carry out the purpose for which it has been provided or generated, or until it is requested to be erased. In any case, the data will be eliminated when there is no longer any need to process it and no legal obligations remain linked to it.
Who are the recipients of the personal data?
Personal data will mainly be handled by the Entity in Charge, however the data may be accessible to the partners of ShareWork Project or to the courses coordinators in case that this will be strictly necessary to develop and run the Platform sources to Users. Notwithstanding the foregoing, personal data may be made accessible to service providers that the Entity in Charge sees fit, only when strictly necessary for the provision of these services, such as the sending of communications or the storage and management of a database. The access to and the possible processing of personal data by service providers will be performed with the legally binding contractual supports that are called for in place, and in no case will any third party sell, supply, rent, or make the data available, or process this data for its own benefit or any other purpose.
For that matter, the User is hereby informed that the Platform is property of third parties and that it has been licensed to the Entity in Charge and is thus not affected by any legal breach.
The Entity in Charge will be able to divulge personal data if it is legally obliged to do so without the need for user consent. For any other unforeseen situations in which it may be necessary to divulge this personal data, it will need to properly inform the user and receive the express authorization thereof.
Are international data transfers made?
In theory, personal data is not subject to transfer outside of the European Economic Area. Notwithstanding, the Entity in Charge may contract service providers outside of the European Union, or who offer their services elsewhere. For that matter, the Entity in Charge assures that any data processing that is carried out will be done in accordance with what the legislation requires.
Is personal data subject to automated decisions or profiling?
Personal data shall not be used for automated decisions neither to profiling purposes.
What are your rights with respect to your personal data?
The current privacy law grants a series of rights to interested parties, by reason of the processing of their data, and are summarized here:
1. The right to access: the interested party will have the right to know what personal data is being used by the entity in charge and for what purpose.
2. The right to amend: the interested party may request the modification of his or her data at any time.
3. The right to erase: the interested party may request, at any time, that his or her data be erased from the entity in charge’s files. However, and as we have explained above when talking about the conservation of data, in certain circumstances, in order for the entity to fulfill their duties, the interested party’s right to exercise this may be impeded.
4. The right to oppose: the interested party can oppose to the processing of his or her data with regards to any of the purposes for which the entity in charge handles that data, in accordance with the privacy policies applicable to each case.
5. The right to limit the handling of data: the interested party may request that the processing of his or her data be limited in the following cases:
a. If he or she considers the data to be incorrect or inaccurate.
b. If he or she considers that the data is not being handled legitimately but prefers that the processing be limited as opposed to the data being erased.
c. If the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected but he or she needs it to be conserved while making a legal reclamation.
d. If, having exercised the right to oppose to some data processing, he or she has not yet received an answer from the entity in charge.
6. The right to the portability of their data: the interested party will have the right to, whenever technically possible and within reason, request that his or her personal data that he or she has provided directly be transferred to another entity in charge of processing that data.
The User may exercise his or her rights within the terms and conditions provided by the current legislation, which were previously detailed, to the business address of the Entity in Charge: Avinguda Universitat Autònoma 23, 08290 Cerdanyola del Vallès (Barcelona), or, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The User have the right to contat to the Entity in Charge Data Protection Officer by posted tot he busisness address detailed and by email to: email@example.com
In the event that you do not obtain a satisfactory answer and wish to fill out a reclamation or obtain more information on privacy, you can consult the authority in control of the Spanish data protection agency: Agencia Española de Protección de Datos (www.agpd.es - C/ Jorge Juan, 6, 28001 Madrid).